A beautiful and organized kitchen symbolizes the personality and choice of you. Upholstered chairs are one of the comfiest tools to redesign your kitchen. They are not only used for servicing meals but also adjuvant to other family activities. Hence, stains can be spotted after unconscious uses.
Cleaning chairs is not a tricky task that is usually seemed. You will be wondered to know some DIY to know how to clean upholstered chairs. Just read the following methods and apply the best way to get your fabric chairs like from the market. You can also visit Furnishingsgear to get the best cleaning products using in these methods
Regular cleaning helps you prevent tough stain. You need to clean fabric chairs when they get dirty. However, here you’ll get some methods to clean your upholstered chairs.
Use a Vacuum Cleaner
Using a vacuum cleaner will keep your furniture in good shape by preventing dust and stains. Surprisingly enough, a simple vacuuming can fade the old blemishes which look awkward. So, it should be the first DIY to clean your fabric chairs. Here is how you can clean fabric chairs with the vacuum cleaner.
- To get the best and deep clean, always try to use the brush attachment that comes with the vacuum cleaner.
- You can also use the upholstery attachment instead of the brush. Now brush the fabric with the upholstery attachment and pick up the dirt with the vacuum.
- After picking up the dirt, clean the entire surface area of the floor. Overlap the strokes at each end of the surface for nappy materials.
Use a Steam Cleaner
If your furniture is water resistant, hit the stains with the steam water and make them responsive to clean. A steam clean can be the best kit to provide the best cleaning treatment. Here is how you can use a steam cleaner.
- Make sure the optimum temperature before using steam water on the fabric. Now, use the steam cleaner over the fabric in each point to cover the entire surface. You can overlap horizontal strokes as well as vertical strokes to ensure covering the surface.
- Run the steam before and after spotting the stain.
- Then get the chairs completely dry before using them. It won’t take a long time though.
Here is a caution. You must check the fabric whether the cleaning code is “W” or “S/W” or not. If the fabric has none of the codes, don’t use Steam Cleaner.
Use Dish Cleaning Soap
Dishwashing soap is the most convenient kit to clean fabric chair. It won’t take the additional cost. Simply you need to follow the simple steps.
- At first, pour a ½ teaspoon of dish wash soup in a small bucket and get water into it. It will create a lot of suds.
- Dip a brush into the suds. Don’t try to submerge the brush into the mixer. Then rub the fabric with the brush slightly. Don’t try to waste the material by rubbing the brush vigorously or soaking the soap on the fabric.
- When you have rubbed the entire piece gently with the suds, let it be dried thoroughly. Then wipe the fabric with a clean cloth. You’ll get your fabric chair clean again like a new one.
- However, don’t try to clean both sides at a time. Do one side first and let it be decided. Once one side is dried up, then suds another side.
Though regular cleaning makes your fabric chair neat and clean, an unconscious moment can be made a mess to get some stains on the fabric. So, here are some home remedies to remove stains from the upholstered chairs.
Using alcohol on fading tough inks will set things right. You can rub alcohol for removing pigment-based stains like blood, coffee, tea, chocolate or wine. As it evaporates too fast, cleaning is funny and relaxed. Also, also has no adverse effect on the surface. So, use the diluted alcohol on “W” or “S/W” marked fabric. You can follow the steps below to use alcohol.
- Fill a small spray bottle with water and alcohol sharing half portions.
- Put the nozzle and shake it well.
- Now, spray the mixer on the stain directly.
- Wipe the mixer out with a towel or clean cloth.
- Repeat the process until the stain is fade
- Dry the fabric chair entirely before using it again.
Use White Vinegar
White vinegar is a cleaner with versatile uses. It can help you to grease stains from the fabric chair. Don’t worry about the smell. It’ll have vanished after some time. Like alcohol, it also can be used only on “S” or “S/W” marked chair. So, how you can use white vinegar. Here are the steps:
- Mix a cup of water with ½ cup of white vinegar.
- Put on the nozzle and shake the bottle well.
- Now spray the diluted mixer on the stains and rub gently with a clean cotton cloth.
- Repeat the process until the stains have vanished.
- Wipe the moisture out and dry the chairs completely.
Use Baking Soda
Baking soda isn’t only useful for cooking but also for cleaning the unwanted stains. Sue the power of baking soda to fade the glimpse within a moment. In fact, it is the most effective way of DIY to get the upholstered chairs like a new one.
However, the ingredients you need are baking soda, clean cloths, vacuum with brush attachment. After getting all the elements, follow the steps:
- At first, wipe down your fabric chair with a clean cloth.
- Scatter some baking soda on the surface. Wait at least 20 minutes.
- Now, clean the baking soda with the brush attached to the vacuum cleaner.
Though cleaning chairs seem hard and elusive, following the above methods are entirely natural. But always follow the cleaning code before using any ingredients. Otherwise, your favorite home furniture will get ruined. Anyway, if you’re not sure about the cleaning activity, test the component in a discrete area before using on the entire surface. If everything goes well, then feel free to go for the whole surface.