If you are a chain-user of different models of kitchen faucets, the installation guidelines should be on your memory. And, for the tools, that require a well-off installation to fit your kitchen, obviously should be ready in your store without a single one is left. Because a new model faucet may coerce you to bring that for your kitchen. In this situation, sink faucet removal process is also necessary, if you are caught to your intense interest to see your kitchen anew with a new faucet all the way, both are needed – faucet removal techniques or how to install 3 hole kitchen faucet?
In a variance of faucet models, the installation may contrast to the techniques you know, though the basic (ideas) you have to lead you in the right way.
A Kitchen Faucet Installing Process
- Utility knife to cut tape and others
- Basin wrench or pliers
- Two adjustable wrenches
- Putty knife
- Eyewear or glasses as dust-protection
- Towel or soft cloth or sponge and water bucket
- The kitchen faucet that you want to install
- Both hot and cold water supply lines
- Baking soda or any cleanser
- Scrub brush or old toothbrush
- Plumber’s putty
How to Remove an Old Faucet?
- Most of the faucet removing works will take place under the sink. So, to make a spacious room beneath the sink is the first priority to complete the removing work comfortably. And get it clean as much as possible under your efforts.
- Now to block the water supply line. At the cut-off valves under the sink, just turn off the water line so that drops of water are barred from the pipeline that may hamper removing workflows. In case of not having any cut-off valves on the system, it is better to put off the whole system in the house. It will stop supplying water from the main meter-point that several pipes join together.
- Loosen the water supply lines to the faucet wrenching the nut-counter turns clockwise. Two wrenches are needed to tame the situation. One is to hold fixed the cut-off valves and another is to turn the nut that secures the supply line.
- Start your operation while both wrenches are busy with particular jobs each. Unscrew the nut that secures the faucet applying your work-ready pliers or basin wrench you already have with you at the work.
- You have unscrewed your nut to the faucet for some turns, now wiggle the faucet to get more loosened back and forth so that it can easily come out from the joints.
- You can see how both parts are separated each. Remove the old faucet by pulling up and through the sinkhole. Take it in a safe place in your store.
- In the moment of cleaning issue, scrape off all the putty from the sink. Use the putty knife carefully to do that no scratches on the sink.
- Brushing is a must to clean the kitchen sink faucet areas. Use baking soda and toothbrush to fast clean any grime or gunk somewhere on the sink or 3 holes kitchen faucet.
- You are doing as a domestic plumber. And, I think you are enjoying it very much at the demand to accomplish it yourself. It’s self-improvement, it’s your responsibility. Now I will walk you through the next course of installing a new faucet in your kitchen space.
Install 3 Hole Kitchen Faucet
- The plumber’s putty is ready to seal to the sink under the faucet or can use a rubber gasket to tighten the sinkhole and the faucet pipe. It prevents the faucet pipe from wiggling during use.
- To install the faucet-tail on the center of the sink, a faucet cover plate is required to look it good. Now a spell of tightening is needed under the sink that joints the sink pipe down through the sinkhole. To accomplish the job use pliers or a basin wrench to get it easily tightened. Remember, never go through over-tighten the plastic nuts; it may crack throwing your efforts to dogs.
- Your faucet basement is ready and mounts your faucet on the sink so smoothly that you can put it right on the center point of the best kitchen sink. Tighten the hole down nuts by basin wrench or pliers carefully. Because the plastic nuts may not tolerate the over-tightened pressure of pliers.
- Attach the two system line – cold and water supply pipe to the cut-off valves. It requires two adjustable wrenches – one is to hold down the pipe and another is to tighten the joints. Two separate faucet lines need to join two water supply lines (hot and cold water). Be very much careful to join it correctly.
- Your faucet is with a pullout sprayer and it needs attaching a counterweight to the flexible sprayer hose. Unless it will not respond to pullout during filling a potted bit away from your kitchen.
Remove the Aerator From Your Faucet and Keep Aside
- Deep scrutiny to check the leaks at the cut-off valves. Run the hot and cold water at the cutoff valves under your sink. If anything you look dripping water infiltration the valve, tighten it again until it stops. And, you are done at that spell of installation of your sink faucet.
- New faucet and new installation. The water pipes need cleaning turning on both cold and hot water. It will clear inside the pipelines if any debris of jam held up.
- At the final touch of your installation, get off the faucet and screw on the aerator. It looks like a plumber who never charges for it done beyond expectation.
The End Line
Replacing or installing a kitchen faucet is easy if you have sufficient tools and basic knowledge in the course of time. However, if you are quite new to an effort to an installation project at home, the above guidelines, I think. If someone is interested, is easy and amusing. Try it yourself and do it yourself. Bye!